Do one of the following:
- Click New News Item from the News widget menu.
- On the News page, click New Item.
- Enter the news headline in the Headline field.
- Enter the news content in the Content field.
- If you want to hide your headline's date and time, clear the Always show start date check box. By default, a news item's start date and time appears below its headline when displayed in the News widget.
- Select the posting availability date in the Start Date and End Date fields. News items publish immediately unless you specify an alternate start date from Start Date.
- You can remove a news item on a specific date by selecting the check box Remove news item based on end date. You and administrators can still see the news item after its end date, but it will not appear in the News widget.
You can include attachments, audio recordings, and video recordings as part of your news item:
- To add an attachment, click Add a File in the Attachments section.
- To record audio, click Record Audio in the Attachments section. Click Flash Settings to make adjustments to your microphone selection and volume. Click Play to listen to your recording. Click Clear to erase your recording.
- To record video, click Record Video in the Attachments section.
- Click Attach Existing or Create and Attach to include additional release conditions. See Release Conditions to learn about creating and setting up release conditions.
- Click Save as Draft to continue editing the news item (students cannot see draft news items), or click Publish to release news item to users.
Creating a news item for a future date
If you set a news item's start date for the future, the posting is not visible to users until that date.
Example If you want a news item to appear on Monday morning, specify a start date of Monday at 9:00am.
Note Post-dated news items do not display in the News widget even if users have permission to see future news items. They can be found within the list of news items on the News page.