- Click on the module you want to create a new topic for from the Table of Contents panel.
- Select one of the options from the New button.
Fill in the required fields, such as topic Title, a URL link, Instructions, or select the appropriate files you want to add or upload.
Tip If you create a Create a File, you can choose to Browse for a Template. This enables you to work from an existing template and ensure consistency across topics. See Using HTML document templates in Content for more information.
Do one of the following:
- If you are creating a new document, link, dropbox folder, discussion, or quiz, click Publish.
- If you are adding files from My Computer, Course Offering Files, or Shared Files, click Add.
You can continue to edit the new topic's additional details by:
- Setting a completion tracking method. See Using completion tracking in Content for more information.
- Adding a topic description.
- Attaching supplementary files.
- Modifying submission options (e.g. number of attempts, number of submissions). See Managing dropbox folder submission handling for more information.
- Changing topic status (e.g. from Draft to Published).
- Adding restrictions (e.g. availability dates, due date, release conditions). See Release Conditions for more information.
- Adding a grade item. See Understanding grade items for more information.
- Adding learning objectives. See Adding Learning Objects to Content for more information.