Note As a student, you can only create Calendar events for your group.
Create a general (content) event
- Using the calendar menu, select the course for which you want to create the event.
- Click Create Event in the calendar content area.
- Click Add Content on the Create Event page to associate course content with the event. Select the radio button of the content you want to add to the event and click Add.
- Enter a Title, Description, and specify a date and time. If you add content and want to add a custom name for the event, select Use custom name and enter the custom title.
- Click Create.
You can also create events directly in the day, week, and month Calendar views by clicking a time or date.
- Enter information about recurrences and restrictions. See Adding event recurrences and restrictions in Calendar for more information.
- When entering a Description, you can use the HTML Editor to insert tables, quicklinks, images, and you can also include resources available through the Insert Stuff option.
- Enter a Location. Instructors can also launch a seating chart session from this screen. See Adding a seating chart to an event in Calendar for more information. If you choose to add a custom location, you can enter a URL as a location.
- Add Presenters. See Adding a presenter to an event in Calendar for more information.
Note To add and remove content to an event after you have already created it, click the context menu for the event name in agenda view, then click Edit Event, or click the event in the calendar content are, then click Edit.
- In the calendar menu, click on a course to set it as the current calendar.
- In Day view, click a time interval to create an event within that course.
- Enter a Title and select Attendees if applicable.